Tom Kroessig is an Ambassador Field Director volunteer for Promise Keepers, serving Fayette and Coweta Counties and beyond. His mission is to be a resource for local Pastors and their men and to act as a liaison between them and the national Promise Keepers ministry. The goal of Promise Keepers is effective ministry to men.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rain, Rain, Glorious Rain!

Thanks be to God for the rain!

I just wanted to publicly thank God for the rain he blessed us with on Thursday and Friday. I "recorded" 1.7 inches of rain at my house in Peachtree City and according to my unofficial records, this is the largest two-day total here since August.

I thought I'd share some passages from Scripture about rain:

LEVITICUS 26:3-4 "If you will follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit."

2 CHRONICLES 7:13-14 "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locust to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if My people. who are called by My Name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn form their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

MATTHEW 5:44-45 "But I tell you: Love you enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in Heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous."

My thoughts include that I should be careful not to think that God made it rain because I was righteous, but I also know that he wants me to be obedient, humble, and repentant and to love my enemies and to pray for those who persecute me. I think it's a great idea to pray for rain, too. I do not know if that will end the drought, since God is sovereign, but it couldn't hurt to do the will of the Father! Amen.

No comments: