Tom Kroessig is an Ambassador Field Director volunteer for Promise Keepers, serving Fayette and Coweta Counties and beyond. His mission is to be a resource for local Pastors and their men and to act as a liaison between them and the national Promise Keepers ministry. The goal of Promise Keepers is effective ministry to men.

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Candles in the Windows

I went to a church service last night at Edgefield Baptist Church in Fayetteville(http://www.edgefield-zion.org/) [Pastor Eddie Thomas] for their Tribe of Judah (choir) Gala. I came home to find that my wife, Jane, had put the Christmas candles in the windows. She tries to surprise me every year because she knows how much I like it. I tell her "It's the best night of the year!" because the candles remind me that the Christ Child is coming! Indeed, He has already come.

In this time where busy schedules and the Christmas "rush" can cause us to get distracted, I pray that something will cause you to remember Jesus often during this Advent season. We all need the Prince of Peace to help keep everything in perspective.

No comments: